These tags may or may not be depreciated, but I definitely haven't seen these in use very much because they're so specialized. The list is in alphabetical order instead of order by type of tag. All tags that have been depreciated will be marked with an asterisk (*) while tags/attributes that have been depreciated and replaced by CSS will be marked by two asterisks (**).
<acronym>: Can show a short definition of a word, phrase, acronym, etc when you mouse over. Works in Firefox and Internet Explorer, and maybe Netscape and Opera.
- title: Sets the text. It's required for <acronym> to work.
<area>: Defines a region in an image map. See <map> for an example. There is no closing tag.
- coords: Sets the coordinates for the clickable area. If shape="rect" or shape="rectangle" then cords="left,top,right,bottom"; if shape="circ" or shape="circle" then coords="centerx,centery,radius"; if shape="poly" or shape="polygon" then coords="x1,y1,x2,y2..." (x,y axis numbers for each side).
- href: Sets the target URL.
- nohref: Excludes an area from an image map. Values are: true and false.
- shape: Sets the shape of the clickable area. Values are: rect, rectangle, circ, circle, poly, and polygon.
- target: Sets how to open the URL: _blank (a new window), _parent (the parent frame), _self (the same frame), or _top (the entire window).
<big>: Displays text larger than the surrounding text.
<blockquote>: Defines a long quotation.
<iframe>: Defines an inline frame. These frames are within an ordinary HTML document.
- align: Sets the alignment of the iframe according to surrounding text. Values are: left, right, top, middle, and baseline.
- frameborder: Sets whether or not to display a border. Values are "1" or "0".
- height: Sets the height of the iframe. Values are: a number or a percentage.
- marginheight: Sets the sizes of the top and bottom margins.
- marginwidth: Sets the sizes of the left and right margins.
- name: Sets the name of the iframe.
- noresize: Tells the browser not to allow frame resizing. It's used as is.
- scrolling: Sets what the scrollbar of the frame does. Values are auto, yes, or no.
- src: Sets the URL of the page to show in the frame.
- width: Sets the width of the iframe. Values are: a number or a percentage.
<map>: Defines an image map. An image map is a image that has only portions of it clickable. This is a potentially complicated thing to do. You can save the map information into an external file (with the extension .map) but then you have to enclose the image within an anchor (<a>) and link to the map.
- id: Sets a name for the image map. This is required.
- name: Sets a name for the image map. This is used for browsers that don't support "id".
<small>: Displays text in a smaller size than the size of the body text.
<strike>*: Crosses off text. A variant <s> (also depreciated) exists as well as <del> (not depreciated).
<sub>: Displays text below the baseline.
<sup>: Displays text above the baseline.
<thead>: Defines a header grouping. If a table spans multiple printed pages everything within <thead> will be printed at the top of every page. Must be used with <tbody> and <tfoot> as well as <tr> and <td>. Rarely used because of lack of browser support.
<tbody>: Defines a body grouping. Must be used with <thead> and <tfoot> as well as <tr> and <td>. Rarely used because of lack of browser support.
<tfoot>: Defines a footer grouping. If a table spans multiple printed pages everything within <tfoot> will be printed at the bottom of every page. Must be used with <thead> and <tbody> as well as <tr> and <td>. Rarely used because of lack of browser support.
<table border="1" align="center">
<thead><tr><td>This is in the table header.</td></tr></thead>
<tbody><tr><td>This is in the table body cell #1.</td></tr><tr><td>This is in the table body cell #2.</td></tr></tbody>
<tfoot><tr><td>This is in the table footer.</td></tr></tfoot>